Call for testing: Preview candidate available

deelerious dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Thu Mar 10 13:00:35 CST 2005

George Farris Wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 13:10 -0500, deelerious wrote:[color=blue]
> So, the error message that Totem displays
> should be changed to reflect this..  "Resource busy or not available"
> is
> just not enough information for users.

Ideally, I think Totem should fall back to not using Xv so it can still
start. It should also pop up a message informing the user that video
acceleration is not available and that performance will be severely
impacted.

Optionally, it could also tell them to reconfigure Totem once
acceleration is enabled. How to enable it is another story...it's
really challenging what to tell the user without sending them to learn
the intricacies of xorg.conf.

--
deelerious