Call for testing: Preview candidate available

Bastian Doetsch bastian.doetsch at gmx.de
Sat Mar 12 03:29:43 CST 2005

On Do, 2005-03-10 at 14:00 -0500, deelerious wrote:
> George Farris Wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 13:10 -0500, deelerious wrote:[color=blue]
> > So, the error message that Totem displays
> > should be changed to reflect this..  "Resource busy or not available"
> > is
> > just not enough information for users.
> >

> Ideally, I think Totem should fall back to not using Xv so it can still
> start. It should also pop up a message informing the user that video
> acceleration is not available and that performance will be severely
> impacted.
>
> Optionally, it could also tell them to reconfigure Totem once
> acceleration is enabled. How to enable it is another story...it's
> really challenging what to tell the user without sending them to learn
> the intricacies of xorg.conf.

Actually, I wonder, why XV doesn't work anymore. I didn't have these
problems until a few weeks ago... Is this going to be fixed? My video
performance shouldn't be that sluggish, since I run an Athlon XP 3200+
with a Radeon 9600XT as graphics card.

Regards,
Bastian

--
"The hours of folly are measur'd by the clock, but of wisdom: no clock
can measure."