Breezy usability testing?

Zach uid000 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 05:33:50 CDT 2005

The great thing about Ubuntu's 6 month cycle, is that although it
doesn't allow enough time to fix everything from one release to the
next, it's a very tight iterative loop.  Each release is measurably
better than the previous.  Things that don't get seen to in 5.10 will
get attention in 6.04 or 6.10.   Hoary is so much improved in terms of
usability and functionality over Warty, and Breezy is already improved
over Hoary.

Put another way, In the time it takes Microsoft to release one desktop
OS (5 years) Ubuntu has done ten.  If MS doesn't get it right in five
years of development then it will be another three or four or five
years before they get another chance to get things right.

I'm really looking forward to when I can compare Ubuntu 7.10 to 4.10.
Now that will by like night and day!