AudioCD burning, another call for testers !

Wouter Stomp wouterstomp at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 22:54:22 CDT 2005

On 7/17/05, James Livingston <jrl at ids.org.au> wrote:

> If you want to burn an audio cd, you are probably either a) in you
> music/audio program (Rhythmbox from cvs has audio cd burning support) or
> b) looking at the files in nautilus. That (b) case is basically where
> Serpentine fits in, because nautilus probably isn't the app to deal with
> audio cd burning.

Most times when I want to burn an audio cd, I am not doing any other
thing at all. Most times it is either a friend asking if I can burn
something for them or for myself and even then I don't think about
that when playing the tracks, because I already have them. I think of
it when I need them on cd, in which situation I don't have rhythmbox
opened. In the current situation I will have to think can I do that in
nautilus or with serpentine? If you don't know there is a big chance
that you will burn a disc with nautilus containing some mp3 or ogg
files the first time which will be quite useless. If you had
gnomebaker, it would be immediately clear in the main dialog if you
are burning an audio or a data disc. As long as people think in terms
like 'burning a cd' it is useful I think to have an app that burns
cd's, no matter what is on them.

Wouter.