Review Day on July, 28th

Loïc Minier lool+ubuntu at via.ecp.fr
Sat Jul 16 02:37:27 CDT 2005

        Hi,

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> I'd suggest you try to package it for yourself, and show it to some
> MOTU who can give you comments about your packaging. If you are
> confident with your package, put it on revu, and we will review it for
> inclusion.

 I think it would be wrong to package gstreamer-lame as a separate
 source package since it would have the same source as gst-plugins.
   The gst-plugins source packages supports building the "lame" and
 "avifile" plugin, these are not activated in Debian because they
 wouldn't be acceptable.
   I've documented the files generating these bits in HACKING.Debian,
 but this is based on work by David I. Lehn.

 I'm surprized that this would cause no inclusion problem in Ubuntu, I
 see that lame packages are included in multiverse, but I suppose Ubuntu
 is still responsible for them?

    Bye,

--
Loïc Minier <lool at dooz.org>