Review Day on July, 28th

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 03:18:46 CDT 2005

On 7/16/05, Loïc Minier <lool+ubuntu at via.ecp.fr> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2005, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> > I'd suggest you try to package it for yourself, and show it to some
> > MOTU who can give you comments about your packaging. If you are
> > confident with your package, put it on revu, and we will review it for
> > inclusion.
>
>  I think it would be wrong to package gstreamer-lame as a separate
>  source package since it would have the same source as gst-plugins.
>    The gst-plugins source packages supports building the "lame" and
>  "avifile" plugin, these are not activated in Debian because they
>  wouldn't be acceptable.

Hm. there is gst-plugins only for warty available. has this been
renamed recently?

>    I've documented the files generating these bits in HACKING.Debian,
>  but this is based on work by David I. Lehn.
great. so it should be possible to enable it somhow easily.

>  I'm surprized that this would cause no inclusion problem in Ubuntu, I
>  see that lame packages are included in multiverse, but I suppose Ubuntu
>  is still responsible for them?

Yes, but please note that in universe we MUST NOT depend on anything
in multiverse. Having said this I'm not sure if a sourcepackage can
create binary packages in different sections and if this allowed at
all.

--
regards,
    Reinhard