Accepted linux-restricted-modules-2.6.10 2.6.10-2 (source)

Colin Watson cjwatson at canonical.com
Fri Jan 7 15:33:14 CST 2005

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 01:17:41PM -0600, Jerry Haltom wrote:
> Are there any documents anywhere explaining why the modules were moved
> into this linux-restricted-modules package vs how Debian had them, in
> separate packages. (with a linux-restricted meta package maybe?)

Not that I know of, no. As I remember, the main reason to consolidate
was that it made security updates simpler if the set of kernel packages
installed by default came from as small a number of source packages as
possible.

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson at canonical.com]