wxPython 2.6 in Ubuntu?

Robin Dunn robin at alldunn.com
Thu Feb 10 18:34:33 CST 2005

Hi,

wxWidgets 2.5.4 will probably be released this weekend or next.  If all
goes well then wxPython 2.5.4.x will happen a week or two later.

I havn't yet had a chance to do a new 2.4 release that can be installed
side-by-side with 2.5.3+, but it should be possible to put some hacks
into your pacakge scripts that will allow it.  The critical parts are
creating a subdir of site-pacakges like wx-2.4.2-gtk2-unicode, moving
site-packages/wx and site-packages/wxPython to that dir, and creating a
site-packages/wx.pth file that contains the name of the subdir.

--Robin