Refresh Rate Dell Optiplex GX270

psypher dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Mon Feb 21 08:00:33 CST 2005

Hey. If this is the same problem I have had with Dells then it's REALLY
easy, just a damn struglle to figure out the 1st time. All you have to
do is change the VIDEO BUFFER MEMORY from 1MB to 8MB(i think) in the
BIOS. Just set it to the highest. On most of the Dells u only have 2
options anyway. That fixed it for me everytime.  Strange how windows
installs ok on such a machine but most Linux distros need that setting
set. The driver is not the problem. Or it could be but setting higher
video buffer works for me fine on Dell's with that same chipset.

Good luck

--
psypher