Python IDE (SPE / wxPython 2.5 doesn't work)

Sridhar Ratna sridharinfinity at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 13:57:21 CST 2005

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 19:23:52 +0200, Ville Vainio <vivainio at kolumbus.fi> wrote:
> Dunno (don't want to get into that debate here, but FYI I'm known to be
> a rabid Pythonista :-), but Eclipse has a distinct identity outside
> Java. It seems to be our best hope for "universal" IDE, with significant
> support in the industry in general. Building on Eclipse brings

The main problem with Eclipse is the Java dependency and the huge
memory requirements which otherwise seems good.  I do not feel Eclipse
will run comfortably in a 128MB (or even 256MB) RAM.

We have three choices

1. Use Anjuta2 with plugins (or write them)
2. Implement an IDE from scratch (well, can't we rapidly develop with _python_?)
3. Use Eclipse

--
Sridhar Ratna - http://srid.bsdnerds.org