Installation reports

Thibaut Varene faucon.millenium at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 09:29:53 CST 2005

A few words about ia64 for the records.

I've tested 20050127 iirc, and so far we got most of the stuff in
place and working. Remaining issues are:

- elilo (the bootloader) doesn't seem to be willing to run off of d-i,
you have to run it by hand (that's on my todo list for the end of this
week).
- MPT Fusion based machines aren't properly hw-detected, one has to
modprobe mptscsih to get their HD up (this issue will be fixed soon
hopefully)
- Aptitude fails to install ubuntu-desktop, run apt-get install
ubuntu-desktop by hand after rebooting and it'll be ok (I think elmo
has fixed/will fix that).

Finally there's the HAL bug after rebooting, but it's happening on all
archs as far as I've been told, so I expect it to be (already?) fixed.

I'm pretty confident ia64 will be in a fairly decent state very soon.

HTH,

T-Bone

--
Thibaut VARENE