Underscores And Nautilus

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 00:04:35 GMT 2005

On 12/4/05, Lukas Sabota <punkrockguy318 at comcast.net> wrote:

> An optimal rendering of underscored filenames would be like so:
>
> My_Work_
> Summary_Report_
> of_June_2005.odt
>
> What do you think of this idea?  Are there any drawbacks to this
> potential patch?

Seems fine to me. How about other cases, such as double underscores? Also,
there are other special characters that could be treated as potential line
breaking points (exclamation points, hyphens, periods, dashes...) as long as
they are surrounded by alphanumerical symbols. In fact, coming up with an
actual set of rules for the general case is harder than it seems.

My suggestion -- please come up with more test cases, just to be sure that
it does not produce weird results. There are really weird stuff in P2P
networks that could be use to test it.

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos