planet gnome comment

Øivind Hoel oivind.hoel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 14:04:51 CDT 2005

I second this. One of the first things I learned to love in windows 9x
was the ability to use the browser-ish mode instead of having a
clutter of windows open on me. This was not due to earlier preference
since I had not used a GUI on a computer before win95 actually
shipped.

I'd like to see an actual independent study that can justify the
saying that spatial is "better" suited for human interaction. The old
browsing mode did indeed stink, but with the location bar and places
sidebar with my most important bookmarks and all mounted filesystems,
I just don't see why we'd use anything else. Until someome can
convince me otherwise.

-Øivind