planet gnome comment

josuealcalde dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Mon Aug 29 18:50:47 CDT 2005

I think the default option should be the most used option by Ubuntu
users. Of course, I don't know how to know such a thing.

When I used win95, something similar to spatial mode was the default,
and I changed it to something similar to browser mode because I
prefered it.

I think most of users prefered it, because win98 used browser mode.

Human brain is something really complex, and things like usability are
very relative.

I think M$ uses browser mode because most of win95 users prefered it.

Perhaps, Ubuntu needs an "one-time-configuration-tool" which would
pop-up in the first user session and will adjust this kind of things.
(KDE has something similar, hasn't it?)

I think I have read about this posibility sometimes in this forum, but
it was rejected.

--
josuealcalde