planet gnome comment

Max J. Werner ubuntu-devel at maxwerner.de
Wed Aug 31 14:37:49 CDT 2005

Øivind Hoel schrieb:
[...]
> I'd like to see an actual independent study that can justify the
> saying that spatial is "better" suited for human interaction. The old
> browsing mode did indeed stink, but with the location bar and places
> sidebar with my most important bookmarks and all mounted filesystems,
> I just don't see why we'd use anything else. Until someome can
> convince me otherwise.

Hi Øivind,

there will never be a study that makes everyone say "Oh right, we should
do it like they say". There seem to exist widely accepted and
scientifically well-founded standards how user interfaces should look
like. But decisions like "spatial or browser mode" should be take rather
 pragmatically.

If the majority wants browser mode, let's do it like that. Jeff is
right: Advanced users know how to switch to spatial mode.

Cheers,
Max