ppc64 hardware support

Tom Gall tgall.foo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 14:26:04 CDT 2005

Greetings,

I picked up the Breezy powerpc install cd and gave it a go on some of
my IBM ppc64 hardware.  Alas no go but closer examination of the
install iso I can see why.  The powerpc iso is basically constructed
to only support Apple systems.  Support of IBM ppc64 systems however
could be added to the iso without a whole bunch of difficulty. (It's
really just mundane trivia) I'd be happy to help make this happen.

Related I'd also like to connect with someone on the powerc team for
the purposes of mentoring with the goal of being able to lending a
helping hand. I'm a software engineer by trade (19 years of hacking C)
so I should be able to be productive very quickly.

Regards,

Tom