Colony 3 problems--my report

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 25 02:36:17 CDT 2005

Hi Zach,

thanks for your mail (and sorry for my late reply).

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 02:56:00PM -0400, Zach wrote:
[..]
> An unrelated problem is that  when first inserting the CD into an
> Ubuntu machine, a dialog appears asking whether to automatically
> upgrade.  If I decline, or if I cancel during the process, I can never
> get the dialog to appear again, and I have to use apt-cdrom to
> manually add the new CD, so I can use synaptic to upgrade.  Is there a
> way to get the auto-upgrade dialog to return?

The dialog is not shown again if apt already knows the cd (if you
e.g. selected "start package manager"). This means that you can just
use a normal "upgrade" in synaptic (or apt).

I think it would be kind of anoying if the dialog poped up everytime
the cd is inserted. Users just installing a package and synaptic
or apt need the cd would get the dialog then.

Cheers,
 Michael