breezy: boot screen hosed

Paul Sinnett paul.sinnett at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 18:40:01 CDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 17:51 -0400, Alvin Thompson wrote:
> with more recent versions of breezy, my boot screen and text consoles
> are hosed.

I'm also getting this on an Acer Aspire 1362LC laptop. I use vga=773 as
an option for install which works perfectly. But as soon as the machine
reboots, the consoles disappear. Initially it worked with Colony-2, but
it broke down when I upgraded to the latest kernel. It also fails with
Colony-3, and I just upgraded the kernel again: still broken.

I've tried the following other modes with no luck: 771, 790, 791, 792.
I've also noticed that if I flip to a console and back I can see a very
small version of the console screen repeated 10 or 12 times across the
top of the X screen for a few moments before it repaints.

Is there anything I can do to help track down the problem?

Cheers,

Paul.