Breezy Badger milestone release "Colony 3" now available

Martin Alderson martinalderson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 09:56:45 CDT 2005

On 8/18/05, Martin Alderson <martinalderson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had the same problem upgrading Hoary --> Breezy via apt-get. I
> didn't investigate further and used VMWare's snapshot feature to roll
> back and I'm sticking on Hoary for a while longer until this is fixed.

Ok, curiosity got the better of me and I downloaded the image and
installed onto a fresh virtual machine.

Install went fine - however, as soon as I rebooted, I get the
/dev/sda2 does not exist message. It then dropped me to a shell.. and
then the kernel panicked.

I think there could be a major bug in Breezy, because I never had a
problem like this on Warty or Hoary.