I don't think that a wiki page for HardwareSupport is that a good idea

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 10:13:06 CDT 2004

I totaly agree, problem is it is not possible in the wiki.  It needs a
webapp building.  I think such a webapp whould be built and if it is
it will be another good reason for people to use Ubuntu (i.e. it is
easy to find which hw is supported).

I would offer to build in but I think a python solution would be
wanted - I would do it in PHP.

Ben

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:13:35 +0200, Kristof Vansant <de_lupus at pandora.be> wrote:
> I was adding my hardware and I found it rather difficult to add
> something. I mean for a normal user :)
>
> I think it would be better to have a page where you have comboboxes with
> all the vendors (if your vendor is not in the list you can add it) the
> chipset, the driver etc.
>
> when more hardware gets added the list gets to long, so maybe a search
> engine is needed.
>
> maybe a non-editable wiki page can be rendered from the little database
> that gets created?
>
> plus it should be possible to link a bugzilla and a ubuntu version to
> the hardware.
>
> http://wiki.ubuntulinux.org/HardwareSupport

Ben Edwards - Poole, UK, England
To send me an email use
http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
(email address this email is sent from may be defunct)