Creating audio CDs in Hoary.

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Wed Dec 15 09:42:30 CST 2004

<quote who="Eric Feliksik">

> We could imagine the stand-alone audio-burning tool would have similar
> functionality as gnome-baker, or any other simple looking program that
> just works. (But then without the stability objections of course).
>
> Any ideas? Is this the way things are heading, or is gnome as a whole
> following the build-it-IN-rhythmbox-approach (which scares me)?

I doubt it, there's definitely a good case for audio burning outside the
scope of rhythmbox. A number of the cd burning tools (audio and data) are
already using the nautilus-burn backend anyway... Besides, I can't imagine
that we'd add a more advanced cd burning tool that couldn't handle audio.

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu in Mataró, Spain: December 5th-18th      http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

     "Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Dark
                             Helmet, Spaceballs