Creating audio CDs in Hoary.

Eric Feliksik milouny at gmx.net
Wed Dec 15 09:58:52 CST 2004

Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Eric Feliksik">
>
>>We could imagine the stand-alone audio-burning tool would have similar
>>functionality as gnome-baker, or any other simple looking program that
>>just works. (But then without the stability objections of course).
>>
>>Any ideas? Is this the way things are heading, or is gnome as a whole
>>following the build-it-IN-rhythmbox-approach (which scares me)?
>

> I doubt it, there's definitely a good case for audio burning outside the
> scope of rhythmbox. A number of the cd burning tools (audio and data) are
> already using the nautilus-burn backend anyway... Besides, I can't imagine
> that we'd add a more advanced cd burning tool that couldn't handle audio.
>
> - Jeff

Sorry, but I don't understand "Besides, I can't imagine that we'd add a
more advanced cd burning tool that couldn't handle audio." - I'm not a
native speaker and the double negation confuses me. But are you saying
you thing that nautilus-cd-burner WILL support audio? Because I thought
the nautilus-people decided that was not the job of the filemanager...

Eric