environment-modules version 4.1.1-1

Josefsson-Ljungdahl goslju at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 17:32:19 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm running Linux Mint 19 with desktop Mate. I have some issues with
environment modules. I have posted in the fora but no replies. Hence this
mail.

1 The graphical login process does not read /etc/profile and therefore
environment modules remain uninitialised. Took me a while to figure that
out. I fixed it by directly sourcing /etc/profile.d/modules.sh  in
~/.bashrc. It would have been nice if the installation process had given me
a hint. It would have saved some time. I also wonder if there is a way to
tell the graphical login process to read /etc/profile.

2 When I enter the querie command "module avail" the response is repeated
for the "out-of-the-box" modules but not for user modules in
~/privatemodules. The response is "double" also for some other commands.
Other than that things seem to work. Is there some easy way to fix the
double response?

For details see my post in the Mint fora:
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=279377

I have also posted in the Ubuntu fora but it does not say anything more but
I'll give the URL anyway:
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2403458&p=13807805#post13807805

Thank you beforehand for any help that you may give.

Kind regards,
Gösta Ljungdahl
Sundbyberg, Sweden