iproute2

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 12 15:16:00 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 05:06:02PM +0200, Monique van den Berg wrote:
> The patch I would like to have backported is already in upstream.
> Would I still need to follow the procedure outlined in this document?
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates

Yes. Whether it is upstream or not, we still need to make sure to
minimise risk of regression to Ubuntu users.

> >> 3:

Perhaps look at a previous example. The last debdiff submitted for 16.04
was:

https://launchpadlibrarian.net/310451413/iproute2_4.3.0-1ubuntu3.16.04.1.debdiff

Unfortunately preparing and testing a debdiff isn't a particularly easy
task. The best documentation we have at the moment is the Ubuntu
Packaging Guide, for example:
http://packaging.ubuntu.com/html/security-and-stable-release-updates.html

We are working on making this process easier (with git), but this isn't
ready for general use yet.

Hope that helps,

Robie