How to specify GPU for Xorg in Xenial

Andrew Musselman andrew.musselman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 18:13:46 UTC 2016

Hi list, I'm looking for a way to specify which GPU I'd like Xorg to use,
so I can devote another GPU to matrix math/CUDA.

I posted on the NVIDIA list but it may be more an Ubuntu question:

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/977697/how-to-devote-one-gpu-to-cuda-the-other-to-desktop-graphics-in-ubuntu-16-04/

That references an older post which recommends adding a Device section to
xorg.conf, but in Xenial there isn't one of those.

If this is already documented, could someone point to any documentation
about how to achieve this?

I'm happy to update docs if there's an answer to how to do this.

Thanks!