Firefox 50 blocked versions of libavcodec older than 54.35.1 while Trusty still has libavcodec54

Amr Ibrahim amribrahim1987 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 19 19:36:31 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

Firefox has got updated to version 50 in Trusty and later. In the
changelog, Firefox 50 blocked versions of libavcodec older than 54.35.1
while Trusty still has libavcodec54. In Trusty, I can see a message bar
in Firefox below the address bar saying "libavcodec may be vulnerable or
not supported, and should be updated to play video." This message
appears on websites containing videos. And I think Firefox then tries to
use the Adobe Flash plugin to play video.

Does anyone else have this message? What is the situation now? Will
Firefox 50 in Trusty stop playing videos?

Regards,
Amr