equivalent of chkconfig

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Aug 17 16:13:28 UTC 2015

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 17:32:42 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
>unfounded FUD

What next?

Actually everything I pointed out is correct, it's not unfounded FUD.
Even you mentioned that not all services are ported over.

It's not that hard for me to make a profound comparison between an Arch
Linux install, that finished the transition 3 years ago and follows
systemd from upstream and an Ubuntu Wily install, since they are running
on the same machine and I'm using an upstream systemd with all services
ported.

You actually don't know what you are talking about, if you call Ubuntus
systemd implementation transparent. It's a mess, the transition is
_not_ finished, init related files are spread over different locations.

Such a _mess_ is unusual for Unix alike operating systems such as
FreeBSD, Linux etc., despite of the used init system and used
filesystem hierarchy standard.