Apache 2.4

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 23 06:32:33 UTC 2012

On 02/22/2012 03:06 AM, Chris Woollard wrote:

> I know that everything has been frozen for 12.04, but I thought I
> would throw this one in anyway.
>
> Now that Apache httpd 2.4 has been released, would it be possible to
> make it available in the 12.04 LTS repositories?
>
> I wouldn't replace the 2.2 version that is currently in the repository
> altogether, but making 2.4 available as an additional version might be
> prudent, especially as I can imagine that there will be quite a lot of
> people want to use the new version with all the new features and
> performance benefits.
>
> What do you think?
>
> More info available here.
> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_celebrates
>

> Thanks
> Chris

I agree strongly that 12.04 should offer Apache httpd 2.4 in the repos
if not fully replacing 2.2 all of the new benefits of Apache httpd 2.4
make it much more stable, leaner and "Precise" then Apache httpd 2.2 and
I think this release being a LTS is aiming for offering the end-user the
most "Precise" packages available.

I hope to run Ubuntu Server 12.04 come April and I hope Apache httpd 2.4
ships with it to save me the trouble of bringing it to my instances in a
different manner.

--
Benjamin Kerensa                          "I am what I am because
Team Lead, Ubuntu Oregon                  of who we all are." - Ubuntu
bkerensa at ubuntu.com
http://ubuntu-oregon.org