Apache 2.4

Chris Woollard cwoollard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 11:06:11 UTC 2012

I know that everything has been frozen for 12.04, but I thought I would
throw this one in anyway.

Now that Apache httpd 2.4 has been released, would it be possible to make
it available in the 12.04 LTS repositories?

I wouldn't replace the 2.2 version that is currently in the repository
altogether, but making 2.4 available as an additional version might be
prudent, especially as I can imagine that there will be quite a lot of
people want to use the new version with all the new features and
performance benefits.

What do you think?

More info available here.
https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_celebrates