What's the Ub 10.04 FF Debug status? Dual naming fix website too. - Re: Enable debug in Firefox compile ; gre

Roderick B. Greening roderick.greening at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 18:01:23 UTC 2011

uname is for the kernel and OS, not the distro.

to get the distro, you can look at many locations quite easily on your system
(or the net items 4 and 5).

1) issue the cat command on any of these files:
     /etc/issue
     /etc/issue.net
     /etc/lsb-release
     /etc/motd
     These files are all standard Linux files, and should exist across most
Linux Distros (expecially those lsb compliant or close to compliant).

2) Run the lsb command as follows from the command line:
     lsb_release -a
     This command of couse uses the details from the lsb-release file listed
above.

3) Open the package manager (synaptic for example) and look for the sources in
your settings. The codename appears there. Alternatively, view the
/etc/sources.list file (which synaptic reads).

4) Look at the Ubuntu wiki frontpage, on the bottom: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/

5) Google :)

Hope this helps.