project for installation

Bavithra R bavithra.r at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 17:20:44 UTC 2010

Hi friends

I would like to create an application which extracts,configures,sets the
path for installation and install any software package that is downloaded in
the .tar.gz format or any other.

This is because if we download that package in one system we could be able
to install using it in other system which has no net access.Also it would be
easier for the common people who are not aware of terminal commands.

Yeah ofcourse we have ubuntu software centre and synaptic package manager
for easy software installation.But internet is needed in both the cases.

I mean like sharing the downloaded package among friends and to install them
easily just by a single click in a system which has no internet access.

Is there any such application?Or can I proceed with my project?
Can anybody help me out.

Thanks in advance
regards
--Bavithra.R