Ubuntu Stack Exchange

Evan Dandrea ev at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 8 08:18:44 UTC 2010

About two weeks ago I created a proposal for an Ubuntu Stack Exchange
(http://webapps.stackexchange.com/ or http://stackoverflow.com for the
unfamiliar).

My hope is that this proposal will be accepted and the Ubuntu site
will be helpful for those individuals whom are already familiar with
the immensely popular Stack Overflow type sites, and for a new class
of user (we can always use more of those, right?) for whom the forums
might be a bit too cumbersome for any multitude of reasons.  It also
wont hurt to leverage the success and talent pool that the Stack
Overflow family of sites have cultivated.

I'd appreciate it if others would hit the "Follow It!" button on
http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/7716/ubuntu and up-vote 5
on-topic and 5 off-topic questions so that we may move to the next
round of evaluation.

Also, I'd greatly appreciate if you could help spread the word.

Thanks and all the best,
Evan