Should Short really be username when creating a user in users-admin

Kyle Law tuxmaster at geekstogo.com
Sun Feb 28 00:25:06 UTC 2010

I have search for existing discussion on this list, system-tools-list
discussion upstream and looked for a bug both in launchpad and upstream.
I see no discussion on this issue.=20

When you go to create a new user in lucid using users-admin part of the
gnome-system-tools package. It asks you Short Name: In my opinion this
should be left to username like it was in all previous releases.
Shortname would not only be confusing for users but it is
inconsistent.=20

Due to this is more of a String Fix bug as a beginning programmer I
would be more then happy to write a patch for this.=20

Before I do anything I wanted to inquire on the community.
Does anyone disagree with me?
Would this really be a stringfix bug or am I getting over my head?
Was this change to users-admin made upstream or downstream?
Would the sponsorship process be a good way for me to get this pushed
upstream once I develop the patch.

Anzenketh

--
Kyle Law <tuxmaster at geekstogo.com>