Sync Request process questions

Benjamin Drung bdrung at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 14 20:46:56 UTC 2010

Am Dienstag, den 14.12.2010, 19:34 +0000 schrieb Reuben Thomas:
> Hi,
>
> I recently filed an Ubuntu bug making a sync request:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sudo/+bug/689025
>
> I got what looks like a cut-and-paste response pointing me to:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SyncRequestProcess

As already said: Sync request is a Ubuntu term for taking the Debian
package and throwing all Ubuntu changes away.

A user shouldn't be bother by deciding if a sync or merge request is
correct, because an Ubuntu developer should do that. IMO the user should
file a general request instead ("Please incorporate the Debian changes"
or similar).

I have one concern: Will the user request properly connected to an
Ubuntu developer, who converts the bug to a sync request or who does the
merge?

--
Benjamin Drung
Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com) | Debian Maintainer (www.debian.org)