History repeating

Shane Fagan shanepatrickfagan at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 8 10:12:47 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 14:37 +0530, Saji N wrote:
> I'm not talking about my particular problem only. There are many many
> hardware and software related problems, to which one can find
> workarounds in the Ubuntu forums/wiki/help. Then why don't we include
> it in the next release of Ubuntu? It'll surely go a long way in making
> Ubuntu more stable and dependable. :)

If you reported a bug earlier in the cycle maybe it could have been
fixed before release but its very close to release. I know that on my
hardware I havent any problems but if you dont file a bug report about
the hardware regression how do you expect anyone to fix it? So when
10.10 is alpha 1 or 2 come and test your hardware again and mention that
it worked under Jaunty and it hasnt worked in Karmic or Lucid but be
very specific about whats not working. Then someone can look into it.

-fagan