Report on Successful E17 installation from latest pkg-e debian repository

Albin Tonnerre lutin at ubuntu.com
Mon May 18 15:28:07 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 07:21:26PM -0400, eye zak wrote :
> Hi all,

Hello,

> I would like to make some requests for specific packages to be updated
> from the debian repositories to allow for the installation of the
> pkg-e team's e17 on the upcoming karmic release.  E17 can be
> successfully installed beside gnome/kde in ubuntu if the following
> packages are retrieved from the debian repositories (testing and
> experimental):

> If any of these could be included in the karmic release, it would be
> trivial to add e17 support to Ubuntu.  Let me know if i can do
> anything to help, I have some packaging experience.

With my e17-related stuff Debian maintainer hat, I disagree here.

Although it is becoming more and more usable/stable, I don't think it is
suitable for upload to a stable release for the moment. Library interfaces
change often, making it hard to backport bugfixes or provide minor updates to
these components.

Regards,
--
Albin Tonnerre