Report on Successful E17 installation from latest pkg-e debian repository

eye zak eye.zak.devel at gmail.com
Sun May 17 23:21:26 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I would like to make some requests for specific packages to be updated
from the debian repositories to allow for the installation of the
pkg-e team's e17 on the upcoming karmic release.  E17 can be
successfully installed beside gnome/kde in ubuntu if the following
packages are retrieved from the debian repositories (testing and
experimental):

libeet 1.2.0 (experimental)
libgcrypt11 1.4.4
libgnutls26 2.6.6
libgpg-error0 1.6
libtasn1-3 1.8

If any of these could be included in the karmic release, it would be
trivial to add e17 support to Ubuntu.  Let me know if i can do
anything to help, I have some packaging experience.

Isaac Gordezky