Ubuntu Gaming Team

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri May 1 03:26:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, 01 May 2009 03:32:37 +0100 Philip Wyett <philwyett at gmx.com> wrote:
>> As explained, users shouldn't assign bugs, but a LP team that subscribes
>> to bugs reported on games is a good idea probably (but maybe that
>> already exists?  Reinhard should be able to tell.).
>>

>s/assign/subscribe OK, I meant subscribe to a team for bugs against
>games. My apologies for the wording if it caused misunderstanding.

It doesn't appear to me that you fully understand.  All a user needs to do
is file the bug.  Bug squad and developers will (to the extent resources
are available) will deal with it.  Myself, I'm a member of several teams
that are subscribed bugs for many packages and subscribe to bugs for a
number individual packages.  If I'm interested enouggh in a package to have
random bugs for land in my inbox, I've already arranged for it. No need to
subscribe or assign.

If you have a proposed fix, then there are sponsorship teams that should be
subscribed to bring the fix to the attention of developers who may upload
it.

Scott K