Ubuntu Gaming Team

Philip Wyett philwyett at gmx.com
Fri May 1 02:32:37 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 03:36 +0200, Jan Claeys wrote:
> Op woensdag 29-04-2009 om 11:51 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Philip
> Wyett:
> > - It would solve having to go to pages hosted on servers with the self
> >   signed certificate problem. Launchpad does not have these issues.
>
> Apparently, you don't have the SPI CA's certificate.  I'm sure somebody
> can tell you how to get it & verify it.  Oh, and it's probably more
> secure than all those CAs that are in Firefox by default (I could tell
> you some stories... ;) ).

With Ubuntu being so closely tied to Debian. I would hope these newer
certificates could be a part of a 'ca-certificates' SRU update for hardy
and any other affected Ubuntu release.

> > - I have been subscribed since yesterday and these lists are spam
> >   heaven. Launchpad list control is better by my experience. I am very
> >   sure I have not won 2 million euro. ;-)
>
> I hope you weren't planning to become the mailing list moderator for
> your team, because you'll get *a lot* more spam if you do...  :-P

Excuse me? Robust discussion is good, this is not appropriate.

> In any case, a good spam filter does wonders.

Bogofilter is currently learning how fun the Debian lists concerned can
be and will catch up soon. :-)

> > - Ubuntu users want to report and assign bugs to a Ubuntu team on
> >   launchpad and not be sent all over the place. This is not about
> >   what we know, but what a user knows and expects, which could be
> >   very little about what Debian is to Ubuntu etc.
>
> As explained, users shouldn't assign bugs, but a LP team that subscribes
> to bugs reported on games is a good idea probably (but maybe that
> already exists?  Reinhard should be able to tell.).

s/assign/subscribe OK, I meant subscribe to a team for bugs against
games. My apologies for the wording if it caused misunderstanding.

Regards

Phil