Best practice for reporting bugs

(=?iso-8859-1?q?=60=60-=5F-=B4=B4?=) -- BUGabundo ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Sun Mar 29 21:29:08 UTC 2009

Olá Stewart e a todos.

On Friday 27 March 2009 00:09:11 Stewart Johnston wrote:
> Slightly to one side, when Apport starts and walks me through the
> process of filing a bug, the first thing I do is nip off and search
> Launchpad for the same bug, then if I find one I cancel apport.

Its just a petty that the apport logs are lost when you mark it as a dupe of an existing one.
I've seen triagers/devs request for that info.

I've even filed new bugs just to have apport upload the data, and then manually dupe it to the master bug, mentioning that I have a dupe with new apport data.

Cant the apport data still be uploaded to dupes, until some flag* is added saying no more apport data is needed (saving storage on LP) ?

--
Hi, I'm BUGabundo, and I am Ubuntu (whyubuntu.com)
(``-_-´´)	http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net