devel-dicuss: the list itself, and mono

Joe Terranova joeterranova at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 18:23:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Patrick Goetz<pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
> Given that my signal to noise ratio is already at a white noise breaking
> point (and that I'm probably not alone here), can we please keep these
> kinds of tit-for-tat arguments, rhetoric, ad hominem attacks, and
> flirting off the devel-discuss list?  Surely facebook, twitter, digg,
> etc. should provide adequate bandwidth to meet these needs.  Thanks in
> advance for your cooperation in this matter.

I think the real issue here is that the code of conduct has gone out
the window in that conversation. When someone starts emailing people's
bosses about them, things have gone a bit too far. I emailed the
person who first posted to tell them they were making a mountain out
of a mole hill, but it didn't seem to stick.

Joe Terranova