Why Ubuntu is not ready for prime time

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 26 12:09:18 UTC 2009

Hi Mat,

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Mat
Tomaszewski<mat.tomaszewski at canonical.com> wrote:

> I'm currently reviewing the download process on Ubuntu.com and been
> looking into various help and support options that the user is presented
> with. The non-paid choices basically are:
>
> - Ubuntu documentation (help.ubuntu.com) – very information-rich
> resource but very beginner-unfriendly (lots of technical jargon)

help.ubuntu.com (which reproduces the desktop help system) is intended
to be helpful to beginners as well as more technical users. Primarily,
it should be useful to beginners. If it's not, then that is something
to explore with the documentation team and something we'll be keen on
fixing. If you've got any specific feedback, then I suggest that you
open a discussion on the ubuntu-doc mailing list so that we can
develop that and look into making some improvements.

Obviously individual items can be reported as bugs on the ubuntu-docs package.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org