Why Ubuntu is not ready for prime time

Steven Susbauer stupendoussteve at me.com
Wed Aug 26 12:02:32 UTC 2009

On Aug 26, 2009, at 6:57 AM, Mat Tomaszewski wrote:

> I'd personally hesitate to offer any of the above to my wife, mum, or
> anyone who I know is not deeply into "all things web". Would you? I'm
> very curious what are the experiences of people here, would be great
> hear your stories and opinions on that.

Most likely not. If I turned somebody on to Ubuntu that wasn't a
stranger on the street, I would be forced to admit to myself that most
likely *I* will become the main support resource, which will probably
end up with me posting to forums/IRC/lists. At least until such time
as  they are educated enough to be more self sufficient.

  -Steve