ISO Testing, before 1700 UTC Thursday

Christopher Halse Rogers chalserogers at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 06:27:40 UTC 2008

On 9/18/08, Jason Crain <jason at bluetree.ath.cx> wrote:
> Nergar wrote:
>  > On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 12:23 +1000, Sarah Hobbs wrote:
>  >
>  >> The standard warnings about how it might kill your hard drive,
>  >> etc, might apply - but no one's found them this far.
>  >>
>  >
>  > Might kill my hard dirve??? In what sense? I'm not touching them!
>  >

> Might be referring to this:
>  http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/10/30/1742258

Nope.  It's just the standard "development code, bugs may exist"
warning.  For example, if you were testing the installer by installing
to a separate partition of your hard drive and there was a bug in the
installer which changed the partition it was installing to, that would
wipe your existing install.

No bugs of that kind are known at the moment as far as I know, but
bugs like that may exist.  Hence we give warning.