ISO Testing, before 1700 UTC Thursday

Jason Crain jason at bluetree.ath.cx
Thu Sep 18 06:21:34 UTC 2008

Nergar wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 12:23 +1000, Sarah Hobbs wrote:
>
>> The standard warnings about how it might kill your hard drive,
>> etc, might apply - but no one's found them this far.
>>

> Might kill my hard dirve??? In what sense? I'm not touching them!

Might be referring to this:
http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/10/30/1742258

Some default settings from certain hard-drive manufacturers may cause
drives to wear out faster.  But you get these kinds of warnings all the
time.  Some badly made CRTs could blow out if bad sync rates are set,
backup because it could overwrite all of your data with ASCII pr0n,
etc.  Basically, it is for testing.  We don't know what might go wrong,
so don't get mad if something breaks.