Firefox newly insists on showing an EULA

Remco remco47 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 16:24:20 UTC 2008

> Giving out CDs for an early celebration of Software Freedom Day
> yesterday, we were asked *very* often if Ubuntu had a web browser.
> "Yes, Firefox" "Oh good, I use that on Windows."
> #1: Same response, and they're used to click-throughs anyway
> #2: We'd have to explain all the trademark stuff and they'd be wondering
> why we're changing Firefox (hey, why is that anyway?), why anyone cares,
> etc. having to go more into the messy legal stuff.

Or you say: Yes, it's Firefox with a few improvements such as
security, plugin-manager, and no nag screens.

> #3: "Yes, it's called Epiphany.  But Firefox is available too, if you're
> used to that."  I guess we could say it's like Safari on a Mac since
> it's the same rendering engine...

So nobody switches to a Mac, because it has Safari, and not Firefox as
a default?

Whatever browser you choose, you choose the best one and tell your
friends that it's a great browser. Firefox is not the reason people
switch to Ubuntu. It's the reason people can continue using Windows.
And just like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome, Epiphany
can be a brand, too.

Remco