libboost1.34.1 in 8.10

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Mon Oct 20 20:00:57 UTC 2008

Quoting Eric Jonas <jonas at MIT.EDU>:

> I noticed that in yesterday's build of the Ibex beta, the Boost family
> of libraries was available in both 1.34.1 and 1.35 versions. This made
> me very happy, as I have a lot of "legacy" software that depends on
> boost, and the API itself is somewhat of a moving target.
>
> But a few months ago I asked on IRC if boost-1.34.1 would be
> parallel-installable with 1.35 on Ibex,and was told "no". I'm curious if
> anyone knows the final word on Boost versions in Ibex.

Boost run-time libraries are parallel-installable, but development
headers are not.

By the way, Boost 1.36.0 for Hardy is available from my PPA:
http://launchpad.net/~pgquiles/+archive

If you need an Intrepid version before Ubuntu 8.10 is officially
released, just tell me.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org