libboost1.34.1 in 8.10

Eric Jonas jonas at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 17 12:48:44 UTC 2008

I noticed that in yesterday's build of the Ibex beta, the Boost family
of libraries was available in both 1.34.1 and 1.35 versions. This made
me very happy, as I have a lot of "legacy" software that depends on
boost, and the API itself is somewhat of a moving target.

But a few months ago I asked on IRC if boost-1.34.1 would be
parallel-installable with 1.35 on Ibex,and was told "no". I'm curious if
anyone knows the final word on Boost versions in Ibex.

Thanks, the beta works great, and the install was really clean on my new
laptop!
		...Eric