gnome-power-manager wont keep the state ( This key as no schema ) bug

Chris Coulson chrisccoulson at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 8 19:35:38 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 08:20 +0100, (``-_-ยดยด) -- Fernando wrote:
> Can I raise some attention to #242665?
> gnome-power-manager wont keep the state ( This key as no schema )
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-power-manager/+bug/242665
>
> I've opened it on 2008-06-24 and still havent got any input for it.
> We are close to release and without this fixed, I/we wont be able to set a CPU state by default for battery and AC (I use gconf-editor to set battery to powersave and AC to conservative).
>
> Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I have responded to your bug report (closed it actually). Upstream have
taken the decision to remove all of the cpufreq code from
gnome-power-manager, which is why it no longer works for you. The reason
for this can be explained in a blog entry by Matthew Garrett [1].

Best regards
Chris Coulson

[1] - http://www.advogato.org/person/mjg59/diary.html?start=123