Can Evolution calendar reminders pop-up automatically?

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.us
Sat Jul 26 13:39:47 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-26 at 05:57 -0700, Tim Zakharov wrote:
> Have Ubuntu developers modified this behavior as someone on the
> Evolution mailing list suggested?  Can someone help me get Evolution
> to behave in the manner I am looking for?

I think the behavior you're seeing is the default behavior for
Evolution.

If you want a direct popup, I think you need to install separate
packages for that on Ubuntu.  Maybe those other distros install those
packages by default.

Try using Synaptic to add the "mail-notification" and
"mail-notification-evolution" packages.  Note that these are part of the
Universe repository so if you haven't enabled that, you'll need to do
so.

If you have problems let us know.